The story behind my blog's new look - Blogathon Post 16

18th August 2013

My blog's look has been changed. There is a long story behind it. To be precise a story that started at around 7 pm last evening and it has finally been given a end at 11 am today. I seriously want to go to the temple and break a coconut. It has been that taxing. now you may wonder what in this whole wide earth can that be so taxing? And because, my friend...you asked me, I will vent out. 

So last evening...it was not any other evening...it was an evening when M and I had been back after a back breaking day out. My throat had been thoroughly pissed off with me, and I atlast had to go to the ENT. She very cheekily said, "Your throat is infected and it has worsened because you talk a lot." I am sure she meant my teaching job, but husband thought otherwise and gave me a smirk. Tch tch...

So anyway, after a damn busy day, people decide to come back home and become a couch potato. But, this is me we are talking about. I decided that I do not need one of the pages on my blog. And thus, began the torture. Blogger decided to be friends with my bad throat and decided to further give me a bad time. It stubbornly decided that along with that particular page, it will eat up my remaining pages too. Thankfully, they were not deleted, but it simply refused to get published. Aaaaarghhh!

After spending 2 hours trying to do all kinds of R & D, I gave up. I was hungry and badly wanted to watch Battleship on Star movies. I dragged myself off from my laptop and sat to watch the movie. All the while, as people were trying to save our planet Earth from aliens, I was cribbing about my vanished pages. M did not say anything, not because he understood my anguish, but because his ears stop functioning for outsiders when he watches a movie. It is there...but not there

The first thing I did as soon as I got up was to sit yet again in front of the lappy. I went berserk by the time it was 10:30 am. Apart from the existing issue, Blogger refused to even upload any new templates for my blog.  I am anyway not a huge fan of technology. (The closest I can get is pay all my bills and do banking online and then ofcourse love my Galaxy S-3 like my 3rd child.) Technology is supposed to make things easier for us. Not make me learn and then unlearn and then relearn new things and mess-ups. I mean it never ends. Bugger!

Finally, I decided I will go back to good old plain templates provided by Blogger itself. Now, people don't act against family members right?  And I was right! 

It worked. My pages returned back, and I got my fav blue colour too. 

It is not as jazzy as it was earlier, but it is simpler and easy on my head. So please tell me it is ok and looks just fine. :)

So, this is the story behind my blog's new look my friend. (And thanks for listening to my whining.)


Labels: ,