The Grandeur of Grand-Parenting - Blogathon - Post 10

11th August 2013

I am the product of multi parenting. Apart from my parents, my grandparents, especially my grandmother has a big role in what I am and the way I think. I am indebted to her for many lives to come, for the values and good thinking she gave me.

Today, my mother also lives with me. And I am able to see changes in my children. Some are great, some good, some ok, and some well…let’s just say, could have been missed.

If your child/children are being multi parented too, then here are some perspectives which is worth going through.
Let’s keep the math very simple.

Pluses:


(Yup, this is A with my mother. Its a candid shot and my fav pic recently clicked on a vacation. They were discussing his school, I guess.)

They can truly provide the emotional cushioning which a parent cannot: There is something about being a grandparent. They are so gooey and full of love…always.

Minuses:
And lastly, always remember that years down the line, even you will be a grandparent. If you try putting yourself in their shoes, things need not look as complicated as it does. 

Labels: , , ,