Lunch box with a twist - Blogathon - Post 4

5th August 2013

Packing lunch is different, but packing 11 boxes is way out of this world. All my sympathies with women who do it every single day. I really understand the plight. 

Everyday in the morning, I run a mini packaging unit in my kitchen. 3 lunch boxes for A, 1 for N, 4 for M and 3 for me. I always thought we eat to live, but just by mentioning the numbers above has left me wondering whether it is the opposite in my home.

A needs 1 box for breakfast, 1 for lunch and another for bus. (yeah...for the bus!)

N, is not the trouble maker yet...she just carries 1. (Phew!)

M takes Chappattis, Sabzi, Dal and multi grain biscuits. 

Finally, I take Chappattis, Sabzi, some snacks. 

As if this is not a task, A comes straight out of his room into the kitchen and asks me the same question every single day: "Amma, what's for my boxes?" And every single time, I give him the look. But he stays put till he gets a response. 

Poor guy, the response sadly is not different most of the days. For my ease and health reasons, junk is limited to once a week. So basically, for a child, the food is blahhh. 

Today somehow the motherhood in me awakened and I felt like particularly doing something special. What I did was this:

It is his favourite Blueberry - filled doughnut. And I stuck this note inside the lid. M was fascinated. "Click it ...click it. Its one of the rare moments." I gave him the look too. "Ahem Ahem, I mean lovely moments."

Whatever....

Kiddo as usual came and asked me what's for the breakfast box, and I sincerely answered: "Sandwich". He grimaced and walked away...and Mommy smiled :)

Wait Wait Wait....and then he came from school. 

"AMMA!!!!!! WHAT DID YOU GIVE??????? A DOUGHNUT.....AND A NOTE!!! ALL MY FRIENDS SAW IT. THEY ALL CAME AND READ IT. THEY SAID, "WOW!!! SUCH A SWEET MOTHER YOU HAVE!"

Happy happy..... 

"Did you like it?" I asked. 

"YES!!! LOVED IT!!!!!"

I was brimming with jaagti hui mamta.

"WILL YOU SEND IT AGAIN?"

"Oh Shona...sure!"

"SEND THE HONEY-FILLED ONE NEXT TIME OK!"

Huh??? What? Sighhhhhh

I saw him walking into his room, and then turned towards me and said, "I loved the note too. I love you."

Oh Shona...you do know the ways....

Guess what? I am so doing that again....Maybe with something healthy :)

Labels: ,