The day it rained….I lived my day


I have been lately trying to live my life. I have been into extensive reading, investing a lot on books, enjoying instead of cribbing when my husband travelled, practising Reiki, meditating, taking in more students, making plans for my brother in law’s wedding which is later this year, taking a vacation amidst my son’s school, listening to music and communicating instead of talking to my son. I would say, I am pretty much on the track of finding a happier me.

Pune has been touch and go with rains for the past quite some time. Everyone has been wishing for rains, including me. Every day is breezy, cool and inviting but rains would just refuse to come down. When I got up today morning, the clouds had already covered the skies, and I thought it must rain today. Like they say, the day one washes the clothes during the rainy season, it rains. So, I took my chance; I put the clothes for a wash and after packing my son to school, I sat and did some writing. Cool breeze was blowing, my curtains were flowing all over the room, I played my favourite music, made a light sandwich for myself. I was humming to myself, when I could hear drizzling. I rushed to the balcony, and woah!! It was RAINING….nicely. I quickly rushed to pull in the clothes, and looked around. Most of my neighbours were out, with smiles on their faces, and ready to mingle. We all had a small chat from our balconies, and that’s when I noticed my plants. All of them were wet and greener in colour. They were distinctively happy and relieved, swaying from one side to other. I secretly spoke with them for some time and smiled to myself. The next track which came up was my favourite one and I could truly feel the happiness around me.

The latest book which I read was “The Secret” which says that Happiness attracts more happiness. And it really does. I have realised this over a short period of time. When I am happy I find everyone and everything bright and happy. So I choose to be happy. Ofcourse there are days, when there are reasons for me to be less than happy, thats when I have to remind myself that there are ways ahead of me, and I just have to look out for them. And if I have to attract them, I need to be happy and smile. Just like the skies smiled today….and I lived my day.

Labels: